One of Groupe Scolaire Marie Reine Rwaza pillars is the development of extracurricular activities. They are promoted for different purposes: :
- discovery and development of talents
- health care
- students useful occupation
- discipline promotion
- professional skills acquisition
The main categories of activities are: clubs, youth movements, sport, lessons related activities and girl /boy space. To this we can add a particular category of pray related activities.
Following clubs are operational at school:
- Anti-AIDS club
- Environment club
- Peace and justice club
- UMUCO club
- Media & ICT club
- Red crossRed cross
- Languages club
Clubs regularly meet Saturday afternoon. They perform their activities under different forms: messages posting, message on media club radio, sketches, films projection,
2. YOUTH MOVEMENTS
These mainly referrer to religious confessions:
- Scouts, Xaveris, Legio Mariae, Charismatic,Vocational group, Assumption youth as catholic youth movements
- RAJEPRA for protestant churches in general
- ADVENTIST YOUTH
These youth movements regularly meet Sunday afternoon.
3. PROMOTION OF FOREIGN LANGUAGES AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
These lessons related activities are organized Wednesday afternoon, Friday and Saturday evening. They are alternately organized through competitions between classes or other groups.
- The school has infrastructures which allow students, boys as well as girls, to play different sports: basketball, volleyball, football, jogging, karate, acrobats, etc
- The school participates in different sport competitions organized in the country.
- The school girls basketball team is the only one countryside from secondary schools to participate in national championship, division One.
5. GIRL AND BOY SPACE
This is a space where girls and boys are awakened about respective sexual and other adolescence issues. They are helped in this by teachers and other educators and pair approach is also used.
To maximize benefit of students from these activities, every student must have a club, a youth movement and a sport in which he participates. The other activities also involve all students.